This light, fresh salad is made with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. It is the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to any summer meal.
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 20 to 30 leaves (about 1 bunch) fresh basil
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf between each, in a large, shallow platter.
- Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Credits: Neha Ghosh - http://putthatcheeseburgerdown.com/2013/11/18/recipe-caprese-salad/