Coolers: Mango Lassi
One would do anything to survive an Indian summer. Thankfully we have a few ingenious recipes that combine the coolness of curd with the pure deliciousness of a mango. Let’s try one now.
- 2 cups of fresh chopped mango pieces, about 3 to 4 medium sized
- 2 cups chilled full fat fresh curd/yoghurt
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh cream
- ½ tsp cardamom powder or ½ tbsp rose water or a pinch of saffron strands
- 4 to 5 tbsp sugar or honey as required.
- Few mint leaves for garnishing or mango cubes or sliced dry fruits
- Peel the mangoes and chop them.
- In a blender, puree the mangoes with sugar or honey and cardamom powder or saffron or rose water.
- Now add the chilled curd/yogurt and cream.
- Add some ice cubes.
- Blend for some seconds till everything is mixed well and the yogurt has become smooth.
- Pour mango lassi in glasses and serve garnished with mint leaves or cubes of mango
- If you want a slightly thin consistency, add some milk to the mango lassi while blending.