Coolers: Summery Melon Slushy
A hot summer calls for cool refreshments to keep you going. A better way to get the best out of both worlds is to pick a fruit of the season and blend it into a chilly drink. The natural sugars rush into your blood, you remain well hydrated, and stay away from the heat (at least till you’re enjoying your drink) all at the same time. Here’s one such smooth slushy you can lose yourself into.
- 3 cups chopped musk / honeydew melon
- 2 cups cubed pineapple
- 4 bananas, chopped
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 ltrs lemon soda, chilled
- Blend the fruits individually in a blender till smooth.
- Combine all the purees and add the remaining ingredients, except the soda, and mix well.
- Refrigerate till chilled.
- Just before serving, pour some drink in a glass and add some soda and serve immediately.
- Repeat the same to prepare 3 more glasses.