Coolers: Watermelon Sorbet
It’s summer, the most hated season of the year; thanks to the hot, hot sun that makes temperatures rise high. But a change in season is yet another chance for any food-lover to explore foods that Mother Nature has to offer.
Summer, especially, comes with a fair share of chilled dishes and many fresh fruits. Here’s a chilled, fresh fruit recipe that will help you rejuvenate your dehydrated senses. Enjoy this refreshing bowlful of chilled, fruity summer delight any time in the days to come.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tbsn lemon juice
- In a small pan, bring sugar and water to boil.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a blender, blend the watermelon in batches until pureed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the sugar syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and freeze for 8 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, puree watermelon mixture in batches until smooth.