Desserts: Mango Peda
As the monsoon season begins, our beloved mango season comes to an end. Of course, you can make the season last longer by making this yummy dessert. It's simple yet delicious and will surely have you craving for more. Make the most of the king of fruits while it's here. Don't wait till the next season; try it out now!
- 2 cups fresh Mango pulp (Alphonso recommended)
- 1 1/2 cups Paneer (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cups non-fat milk powder
- ¼ cup milk or water
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1 tsp butter/ghee to grease the hands
- 2 tsp pistachios to garnish
- Vark to garnish (optional)
- Stir it with a whisk to combine and set aside.
- Puree the mango in a blender.
- Place a non stick pan over the medium flame.
- Add the puree to the pan and cook for about five minutes.
- Now add crumbled paneer.
- Combine the paneer with the mango puree and add sugar.
- Stir again and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium low flame.
- Soak a pinch of saffron to the two tablespoon of hot milk.
- Stir it to mix. Set aside to get it dissolve.
- Now add the milk powder mixture to the cooking puree mixture
- Stir to combine and add the saffron milk.
- Cook the mixture on low flame with continuous stirring until it forms a thick fudge consistency.
- Grease your hands with ghee and make table tennis sized balls.
- Allow it to cool completely till set. Garnish the top with pistachios and silver or golden vark.