Raw Kale & Avocado Salad
Foods like Spinach, Broccoli, Kale and most green leafy veggies are always clubbed in the same category as all things healthy. Unfortunately, our minds are trained to think that only unhealthy foods taste good; but we couldn’t be more wrong.
New and innovative recipes have made most of us see these foods in a completely different light. Now-a-days, they’ve made themselves a part of our daily diets and with nutrition values that go through the roof, the health-gods couldn’t be happier.
Kale is one if the best super-foods available today. It can be prepared into very tasty dishes with the right ingredients. Try this Raw Kale & Avocado Salad and judge for yourself!
For the salad
- 1 bunch of chopped curly kale (about 8 to 10 cups)
- 2 diced avocados
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds which have been soaked for about 6 to 8 hours
For the dressing
- 3-4 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut the kale into small pieces and place these in the bowl you are using for the salad.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a smaller, separate bowl and whisk them.
- Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and mix it into the kale gently with your hands.
- The mixing will soften the kale after which you can add the diced avocado.
- Rinse the sunflower seeds and drain the water after which you can add them to the salad.
- Gently toss all these ingredients together.