Recipe: Chicken Tikka in Yoghurt
This is probably one of the yummiest Indian dishes that you can find at an Indian restaurant closest to you. But why go to a restaurant when you can make it at home, right? This is a fairly simple recipe and takes less than an hour to prepare.
Pssttt…The word Tikka means bits, pieces or chunks.
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsps. ginger paste
- 3 tbsps. garlic paste
- 3-4 tbsps. garam masala
- 6 peppercorns/ 2 dry red chilies
- 3 tbsps. lime/ lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp orange food coloring
- 1 kg chicken (breast or thigh) skinless and cut into 2″ chunks
- 1 large onion cut into very thin rings
- Lime/ Lemon wedges to garnish
1. Pour the above mix into a large bowl and add yoghurt. Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow to marinate overnight.
2. Thread the chicken onto skewers and keep ready.
3. Preheat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature.
4. Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to catch drippings. Roast open till the chicken is browned on all sides and tender.
5. Remove from skewers and put the chicken in a plate.
6. Put the onion rings in a separate bowl and squeeze lime juice over them. Now sprinkle the chaat masala over them and mix well so the onions are fully coated.
7. Garnish the Chicken Tikka with these onion rings and serve.
Credits: Neha Ghosh - http://putthatcheeseburgerdown.com/2014/08/12/recipe-chicken-tikka-in-yoghurt/