Recipe: Light and Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy mushroom soup is such a delicious, satisfying and warming soup and super great for a cold winter day; this soup has rich and soothing flavor.
- 600 g mushrooms
- olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped, stalks finely chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 5 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 75 ml single cream
1. Slice mushrooms finely.
2. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in a splash of olive oil.
3. Add the onion, celery, garlic, parsley stalks, thyme leaves and mushrooms, place a lid on top and sweat gently until softened.
4. Spoon 4 tablespoons of mushrooms out of the pan and put to one side.
5. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil.
6. Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then whiz with a hand-held blender until smooth.
7. Pour in the cream, bring just back to the boil, then turn off the heat.
Credits: Neha Ghosh - http://putthatcheeseburgerdown.com/2014/11/13/recipe-light-and-creamy-mushroom-soup/